Jamie Rollo Games
Based in Sydney, Australia
26 August, 2017
Silver Grapple is a fast paced 2D platformer that lets you swing through the air at the speed of sound! Explore an expansive underground laboratory, buried and abandoned years after the mysterious accident that shut it down. Save whoever you can in your quest to escape, rocketing through the ruins with your Silver Grappling Hook! Silver Grapple is a game inspired by the feeling of flying, jumping and swinging through the air, it offers you the experience of firing your grapple as you reach terminal velocity arcing away from impending doom, newfound trajectory throwing you against gravity as you build up speed for your next swing, fire away with the Silver Grapple!
Silver Grapple began development in 2012 following the release of three finished games and the game's first prototype, a demonstration of the swinging mechanic that sparked plans for the full project. The aim was to create a game with a large scope, and spend several years developing it into a full length experience. Since then Silver Grapple has undergone five years of development and surrounded several other titles released by the studio. During this period Tom Campbell was brought on to produce the music and sound for the game. The game has since been shown at GCAP 2016 as a part of the student showcase and Casual Connect Singapore as a part of the Indie Prize. Silver Grapple is nearing completion with the release coming late 2017.
- The smoothest grappling hook you'll ever swing on!
- Fast paced challenges that'll leave you leaning into the controls.
- An expansive world with 11 unique environments to explore, from abandoned offices and excavation sites to the quarantined depths of the strange laboratory.
- Skate on water and run like the wind as you scavenge new powers from the facilities ruins.
- A rich story hidden amongst secret journals and old computers.
- An original soundtrack created within the limitations of retro, 16-bit consoles. Featuring the work of Tom Campbell.
- Physics based swinging mechanics with myriad techniques to master.
Silver Grapple Release Trailer YouTube
Silver Grapple Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Presented at GCAP 2016 Student Showcase." Showcase, November 1, 2016
- "Indie Prize 2017 Finalist." Showcase, May 16, 2017
- "Silver Grapple feels like Spiderman on steroids"
- Retronator, Website
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Jamie Rollo Games
Jamie Rollo Games is an independent studio based in Sydney, Australia dedicated to creating unique gameplay experiences.
More information on Jamie Rollo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.